The Christmas music is in the air again followed by the finale of 2019 that fills me with excitement and enthusiasm for welcoming new opportunities, joys and hopes. The positive vibes with the end of the decade is certainly embodied in the Christmas carols, beautifully lit market streets, Christmas decorations and of course, in the preparations for New Year parties!
Enthralled by this festive zeal, I decided to get an exclusive photo-shoot done – not only to mark the beginning of this wonderful time of the year but to come with yet another blog-post for my followers, that’s both intriguing and informative. And so, besides getting some fashion ideas from this post, you’ll also come across some tasty and healthy recipes that you can make without much hassle and add more fun to your celebrations.
For CHRISTMAS 🎄
Cherishing the Festival with Style
To enhance my style statement, I settled on trying not just the classy contrast of red and green but the jaunty combination of white with green, too. Many online shopping marts and retail shops have come up with best offers for beautiful Christmas party outfits and sexy New Year’s eve dresses.
I purchased the red sweater from Max online store (Max Fashion India) and the green vintage skirt from Amazon store. Both of these apparels are utterly warm and comfy.
Also, I procured the white sweater from Forever 21 and the cute white ear muffs and red socks from Delhi’s Sarojini Market. I didn’t accessorize much and kept it simple with a tiny nose pin and a pair of golden ear tops. Moreover, I got my cute little Christmas tree and its decorating essentials from Amazon at quite reasonable prices.
Savoring Delicious Moments the Healthy Way
No doubt Christmas celebrations are incomplete without a delicious pancake but to many, this irresistible sugary dessert may be forbidden due to certain health concerns. Nevertheless, there are many ways to prepare not just a glueten free but a delicious pancake to satisfy one’s sweet-tooth. Here’s a healthy banana pancake recipe:
Ingredients (Servings – 2)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs/ Half teaspoon of baking powder or ENO
- Freshly cut apples/berries/cherries (or a fruit(s) of your choice)
- Two spoons of honey/yoghurt
- Partially mash the bananas
- (If using eggs) beat the yellow and white part of the eggs separately in a bowl. Make sure to whisk them nicely so as to make a thick cream like mixture.
- Add baking powder or ENO, and mix it well.
- Take a pan (keeping it over low heat) and add only a few drops of oil so that the mixture doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Add the mixture and spread it lightly with a spoon. Make sure the pancakes are small in size.
- When the bottom part turns golden brown, flip it over and cook the other part for a couple of minutes.
- Chop down the fruits
- Pour honey/yoghurt over pancakes and garnish them with fruits.
Enjoy your yummy homemade pancakes.
For NEW YEAR
Revolutionize your Wardrobe to Welcome the ‘Revolutionary 2020’
What can be more trendy and comfortable than a woolen one piece dress with an elegantly tailored warm shawl, to make for a perfect new year party dress. I got this warm black dress from H&M, the beautiful cream colored shawl from Incense store in Lajpat Nagar (New Delhi) and black boots from Westside. I opted for a dark red lipstick and dark eye makeup to make the look more beautiful and bold. As for the hairstyle, nothing could’ve been better than a stylish high bun.
‘Soup up’ your New Year Spirits
The best way to beat the bitter cold winds of New Year and make your stomach happy is to make a cup of scrumptious, hot tomato soup at home. You don’t need to worry if you’re not sure about how to prepare it. Here’s an easy tomato soup recipe to come to your rescue.
Ingredients (Serving -2):
- 5-6 tomatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 beet root
- Half tablespoon of salt
- Half tablespoon of Pepper powder (Optional)
- Boil tomatoes with ginger, carrots and beet root in water, adding salt.
- Let the mixture cool for some time.
- Now sieve all the water in a bowl and grind the thick tomato mixture.
- After grinding use soft cloth to sieve all the thick mixture into the already sieved water.
- Add little pepper according to your taste.
Your delicious soup is ready.
I’ll be coming up with more such posts to keep your fashion and health spirits. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and, a Happy and Prosperous New Year!